All Overnight Porridge Recipes
All Overnight Porridge Recipes
Overnight Porridge’s overnight porridge well known for its ability to cure your ills or take you in the right direction. This blog shares overnight porridge recipes to help you get a head start on breakfast.
Quick and Easy Overnight Porridge Recipes
People love overnight oats for a reason: they’re quick, easy, and you can make them ahead of time. This means you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast without having to wake up extra early to prepare it.
If you’re looking for some new ideas for how to make your overnight oats, check out these recipes. They range from the classic flavor combo of banana and cinnamon to more adventurous combinations like matcha and chocolate.
No matter what your taste preferences are, there’s an overnight oat recipe here that will appeal to you. And best of all, they’re all extremely easy to make. Just mix the ingredients together before you go to bed, and breakfast will be waiting for you when you wake up!
- Classic Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats
If you’re new to overnight oats, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s simple and classic, but still incredibly delicious. The combination of banana and cinnamon will remind you of your favorite breakfast cereal, but without all the sugar and unhealthy ingredients.
1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy), 1/2 ripe banana, mashed, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional toppings: fresh fruit, chopped nuts, or more cinnamon
Directions: In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Place in a jar or container with a lid and store in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add your desired toppings and enjoy!
How to do it
There are a few different ways to make overnight porridge, but they all follow the same basic principle: combine oats with milk (or another non-dairy milk) and some kind of liquid sweetener, then refrigerate overnight. The next morning, add whatever toppings you like and enjoy!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making overnight porridge:
- Combine oats, milk, and sweetener in a jar or other container. Start with 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons of liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, etc.), then adjust according to your taste.
- Mix everything together well, then cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the porridge a good stir and add your favorite toppings. Some ideas include fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts or nut butter, seeds, spices (cinnamon is always nice), or anything else you like!
- Serve cold or reheat briefly in the microwave before eating.
Dessert Overnight Porridges
Assuming you want a new overnight porridge recipe for an overnight porridge:
1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine the oats, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has simmered, remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and raspberries.
- Pour into a bowl or container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the porridge a good stir before serving cold or reheating if desired. Top with additional fresh or frozen raspberries, if desired
Vegan Overnight Porridge Recipes
If you’re looking for some delicious and easy vegan overnight porridge recipes, you’ve come to the right place! These recipes are perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast that will keep you full until lunch.
- Blueberry Almond Overnight Porridge: This recipe is packed with antioxidants from the blueberries and healthy fats from the almonds. Simply combine 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, and a pinch of salt in a jar or container. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning!
- Peach Coconut Overnight Porridge: This tropical twist on overnight oats is sure to satisfy your taste buds! Combine 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of diced peaches, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and a pinch of salt in a jar or container. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning!
- Chocolate Banana Overnight Porridge: Satisfy your sweet tooth with this chocolatey porridge recipe! Combine 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 small banana mashed up with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and a pinch of salt in a jar or container. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning!
There you have it! All of the best overnight porridge recipes to help you get through those cold winter mornings. These recipes are hearty, filling, and will definitely give you the boost of energy you need to start your day off right. So don’t wait any longer, give one of these porridge recipes a try today!
If you’re looking for a quick and overnight porridge easy breakfast option that will keep you full until lunch, then look no further than overnight porridge. This type of porridge can be made with a variety of different ingredients, so there’s sure to be a recipe out there that’s perfect for you. And the best part is that you can make it ahead of time and simply reheat it in the morning. So if you’re short on time in the morning, or just don’t feel like cooking, then give overnight porridge a try!